Advanced Hort is looking for a suitably qualified, technically minded self-starter to join us as the Operations Coordinator.
This is a diverse role that will take you all over New Zealand. You will be working closely with the Managing Director where no two days are the same. The role will be varied and include a wide variety of tasks on top of installing new systems, such as troubleshooting issues, managing worksites and inventory, packing and shipping orders, dealing with customers and suppliers and ensuring that projects are completed on time.
A willingness to learn new systems and an innovative mindset will serve you well in this position.
A team player with a flexible attitude, always seeking to upskill and improve yourself and happy to work autonomously. There will also be opportunity to travel New Zealand wide and work with a wide variety of customers and systems, so flexibility in working in different locations is a key part of the role. There is a lot of scope to grow with the job for the right applicant.
Minimum requirements for the job include:
• Practical and mechanically minded: willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
• Excellent computer, record keeping and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• be willing to travel throughout the country as required
• Minimum of two years’ experience in at least one of the following: Hydroponics, Horticulture, fertigation, Greenhouse control, Plumbing, electrical wiring or automation controllers
• A strong commitment to safe working practices
• Full driver’s license with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
Further to this, additional technical knowledge that will be beneficial in your application:
• Experience or training in Engineering, Irrigation design, IrriCad, AutoCad or Design programs or other horticultural industry qualifications, training or experience
Remuneration will be based on skills and experience. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you believe you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, then please provide a copy of your recent CV to Nathan.email@example.com