Sign up here to subscribe to the Grower2grower Ezine. Every two weeks you will receive new articles, specific to the protected cropping industry, informing you of industry news and events straight to your inbox.
Side Shift and Fixed Benching
Advanced Hort offers three different bench types, Fixed benches, Side-Shifting benches, and Mobile benches. In the last 30 years, the basic principles of mobile benches have evolved to a well-tested and proven concept.
The mobile benches are a perfect stepping stone in upgrading a nursery for multiple reasons.
Side shifting and Mobile benches allow a far greater percentage of your greenhouse to be used for production, rather than requiring valuable areas to be used for walkways.
Benching systems can also be used with Ebb & Flood Bench Tops as well as regular mesh top. The Ebb & Flood Benches provides fully automated irrigation for your crops, further improving the efficiency of your growing area.
- The basic components of the mobile benches consist of:
- Mobile benches (Ebb & Flood and regular mesh top bottoms, welded, self-assembly)
- Watering equipment (water supply and discharge, static watering booms).
- Multi-Move Lateral Transport (MMLT) sections (with pneumatic lift).
- Support and rail pipe components.
The automation components are:
- Bench transport robots.
- Bench automation (push, pull and lifting equipment).
- Plant handling (robots, grading equipment).
- Overhead transport (stacker, crane).
- Cleaning/disinfecting equipment.
- Control and visualisation software (PLC or PC based)
Above Image Fixed Benches
Image Above Sideshift Benches
Image Above Rolling Benches/System
Ebb and Flood Bench Tops
Ebb and Flood Benches offer the greatest and most uniform watering system available while improving ergonomics and OH&S compliance. Ebb & Flood Benches are very common in Europe and could be of great benefit to your bottom line.
Benches can increase your effective growing area by up to 30%, reduce your water use by up to 70% and reduce fertiliser use by up to 30%.
- Benches are tailored to your needs
- Highly resistant, chemical-proof and UV-resistant plastic ensuring a long lifetime
- Available in a range of sizes
- Fast turnaround of crops
- ‘Quick-valve’ quickly floods and drains benches
Check out the links below:
Contact the New Zealand Distributor
Advanced Hort Ltd