Sign up here to subscribe to the Grower2grower Ezine. Every two weeks you will receive new articles, specific to the protected cropping industry, informing you of industry news and events straight to your inbox.
(UPDATED) Energy Reduction Workshop for Covered Crop Growers
Reducing energy consumption for covered crop growers through energy reduction opportunities and fuel switching methods.
- Arrival and mingle/food from 12-1PM
- Interactive session with Ellery Peters and EECA discussing the current tools and resources available for reducing energy usage and a discussion on where there is gaps and what growers want to fill those gaps.
- Session presenting on Energy Transition Plans and Energy Audits and what they can provide for your business.
- Technology scan on thermal screens and dehumidification
- The future of geothermal energy and Horticulture
- Discussion on Industry Allocation and how/why you should apply
- Drinks/mingle from 4-5PM
Vegetables NZ are extending an invitation to all covered crop growers to attend an energy workshop 19th April, Franklin Club, Pukekohe and online via Zoom. It is set to run from 12pm until 5pm with lunch provided. It is a chance to meet and hear from Ellery Peters, the energy engineer employed by Vegetables NZ and EECA to help covered crop growers reduce their energy demands. Keep an eye out in the HortNZ weekly email for a full programme. RSVP Ellery.firstname.lastname@example.org