Sign up here to subscribe to the Grower2grower Ezine. Every two weeks you will receive new articles, specific to the protected cropping industry, informing you of industry news and events straight to your inbox.
15 Fruition students to graduate in January 2023
The inaugrual delivery of the Fruition Diploma in Horticulture Production was completed this week, finishing two years of study for around 15 graduans set to graduate in January 2023 with a Level 6 Diploma. The graduands are from a range of horticultural sectors and a range of locations from around Aotearoa New Zealand. The crop and geographical variation has meant for some interesting discussions during class about how various industries or regions are impacted by or respond to the topic being discussed.
Feedback from the learners who have engaged in the programme has been strongly positive. Aside from the informative content, they have appreciated the ability to join class in Tauranga or on-line from anywhere else in the country. One learner even began studying from Melbourne before he returned to work on the family orchard in Katikati. “I am able to attain my goal of achieving my diploma from the comfort of my whare.” stated one learner while another commented on the value of being able to study while providing the care for an elderly father in law. The course content is also recorded so, if work or family commitments means the learner can’t join the class, they can watch a recording of it in their own time.
Delivery for the 2023 academic year begins on the 18th of January, so those keen to participate should contact Fruition Horticulture to discuss their eligibility of other professional development options available.
Consider this as an option for the professional development of existing staff, keen to move into more senior managerial or technical roles.
Our qualified and experienced teachers deliver tuition and training in Fruition Diploma in Horticulture Production, National Certificate in Horticulture, the Vakameasina Programme, Lincoln Diploma and other short courses.
- Offer Fruition Diploma in Horticulture Production
- Partner with PrimaryITO to deliver courses for the Agricultural Apprentice programme and provide tuition for National Certificate in Horticulture to horticultural cadets nationally
- Deliver the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade funded Vakameasina programme which provides literacy and numeracy training to seasonal workers
- Teach the Lincoln Regional Diploma in Horticulture
- Offer a course on the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its implications for those in horticulture and viticulture