Sign up here to subscribe to the Grower2grower Ezine. Every two weeks you will receive new articles, specific to the protected cropping industry, informing you of industry news and events straight to your inbox.
goFarm – looking for an opportunity in Australia?
Seeking a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth, one that goes beyond the scale currently available in New Zealand?
This job offers access to a structure that prioritises the development and well-being of its people. If this aligns with your aspirations, it could be the right fit for you.
goFARM is an Australian owned, high-conviction agricultural investor, developer and manager. goFARM specialise in leading transformational opportunities to develop high-grade agricultural assets linked to the growing global demand for healthy, nutritious crops.
About the role
- Located at goFARM’s Sandmount Farms operation at Katunga, Victoria
- Sandmount Farms consists of 6,300ha with a mixture of almond, field tomato, corn and cereal production
- goFARM holds a long-term off-take agreement for the production of processing tomatoes.
What your responsibilities would be
Leading the tomato production team, planning, procurement and overseeing execution of the annual tomato cropping activities (irrigated summer cropping), with a dedicated focus on workplace health and safety, quality, productivity, efficiency and cost control.
As an effective leader and good communicator, you will ensure your team are trained and skilled in their areas and be committed to a culture of safety.
What you would bring to the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing effective communication with all stakeholders;
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem solving;
- Outstanding and highly developed leadership, coaching and organizational skills;
- An innate vigilance for setting and maintaining high standards; and
- A preparedness to be a collaborative, results-orientated team member.
- Sound understanding of irrigated horticultural cropping practices and irrigation requirements, systems, and associated software. Experience in Tomato, salad and/or vegetable production.
- Tertiary qualification in agriculture/horticulture or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with record keeping and knowledge and experience in Food Safety and Audit programs.
- Financial forecasting experience.
- Drivers license.
For more information about this role, or to apply for this position, please contact Nick at nick@noHR.com on +64 29 222 0019