Sign up here to subscribe to the Grower2grower Ezine. Every two weeks you will receive new articles, specific to the protected cropping industry, informing you of industry news and events straight to your inbox.
Our Food Future Horticulture Conference 2019
Tomatoes NZ: Learn about what makes New Zealand grown fresh tomatoes so good!
This week our “Food Future Horticulture Conference” is being held at Mystery Creek from Wednesday through to Friday (31st of July to 2nd August 2019). As part of the conference, TomatoesNZ AGM will be held on Wednesday. To coincide with this week’s conference TomatoesNZ have released two promotional videos. They are great viewing and demonstrate to consumers the benefits of eating NZ grown tomatoes. Click below to view:
Video 1: Learn about what makes New Zealand grown fresh tomatoes so good!
Video 2: Learn more about what labelling requirements are needed for imported fresh tomatoes into New Zealand and why it's important to help our consumers to make informed decisions.
The conference offers a compelling range of international and local speakers, workshops and interactive demonstrations of the latest technology. For those who cannot attend the conference, don’t worry I will have all the best articles for you to read from new technologies and systems which will be of interest to you in upcoming Grower2Grower editions.
The conference provides growers from across the industry with the opportunity to stay up to date and catch up with colleagues and friends.
For covered crops growers’ presentations of interest on 31 July include:
- Engaging with a diverse workplace with Simon Watson, NZ Hothouse, and Glynis McCarthy, Safety Associates
- Innovative greenhouse spray robot with James & Mark Currie, FTEK
- Agriculture and climate change policy with Kelly Forster, Ministry for the Environment
- CO2 capture systems with Dr Vlatko Materic, Hot Lime Labs
- Covered crop technologies with Adam Forbes, BumperCrop
- Building the future with Dr Matt Glenn, Robotics Plus
- And last but not least, the TomatoesNZ AGM at 4pm (TomatoesNZ can assist members to attend the conference – please check with them for details mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
To find out more about the conference and to register, click here.
I appreciate your comments. Please feel free to comment below or on the grower2grower Facebook page:
Article supplied by Stefan Vogrincic, Consultant, Grower2Grower
Article Edited by Marie Vogrincic, Editor, Grower2Grower